Within the Microsoft Dynamics community, Scribe has been a popular tool for data integration projects for many years. Especially for connecting the Microsoft Dynamics ERP products with Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
The big news is that Tibo Scribe Insight is deprecating, or discontinuing support, for their on-premises solution. And the brutal truth is that their new online solution just does not offer the same level of flexibility or scalability as the previous tool.
That means hundreds of companies that have built their business-critical integrations in Scribe Insight will be left stranded with an unsupported product without a good migration plan.
There is a better alternative to Scribe Insight for Dynamics 365 data integration.
The SSIS Integration Toolkit for Microsoft Dynamics 365 from KingswaySoft offers full support for Dynamics 365, CRM, CE (Customer Engagement), AX (Finance & Operations), NAV (Business Central), CDS, Dataverse, and PowerApps.
When compared with Scribe Insight, the KingswaySoft tool offers:
- Greater performance
- More features
- Smaller learning curve
- Lower cost
If that sounds too good to be true, here are the answers to a few frequently asked questions from Microsoft Dynamics 365 users.
- What types of integration and migration projects can Dynamics 365 users do with KingswaySoft?Our tools help move data from other systems into Microsoft Dynamics or extract data from Microsoft Dynamics and push it into other applications.Every business has a different need for integration or migration. It is common for companies to extract data from Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement or Finance & Operations and push that data into a data warehouse for analytics purposes. However, there are many other usage scenarios. For example, you could push Microsoft Dynamics data into an internal help desk program or marketing application. On the other side, many clients extract data from other applications or database systems and push it into Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement (CRM) or Finance & Operations ( ERP).This is actually a bigger part of our business model because we have built much more sophisticated features compared to Scribe or any other competitors. Our infrastructure can support complex integration scenarios with better performance than Scribe.
- What is the best way to integrate Dynamics ERP with Dynamics CRM?
Our tools help clients have a seamless integration between all the products in the Microsoft Dynamics family. This includes integration back and forth between the ERP products (Dynamics GP, Dynamics SL, Dynamics NAV, Dynamics AX, Dynamics 365 Finance, Dynamics 365 Business Central) and the CRM product (Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement including Sales, Marketing, Customer Service apps and more).SSIS Integration Toolkit for Microsoft Dynamics GP
SSIS Integration Toolkit for Microsoft Dynamics SL
SSIS Integration Toolkit for Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Aren’t the Microsoft Dynamics ERP and CRM products already integrated?
Even though all the products are from Microsoft and have similar names, each one has its own API. There are some out-of-the-box integrations, for example, between Dynamics 365 Finance and Dynamics 365 Sales. However, those integrations are purpose-built, they are very generic, and the solution does not offer many options to create advanced mapping or transformations. If you are happy with such template-based integration and can live with the limitations, it might work for you. But if you want integration that is a little more sophisticated with greater flexibility and configurability, then you need a solution like KingswaySoft’s integration tool.Some integrations can get quite complex in an enterprise ETL project, and this is where KingswaySoft really stands out.
- Why do Microsoft Dynamics users and developers like the KingswaySoft tools?
We offer a codeless integration tool, which can be used for both integration and migration purposes. You don’t need to write a single line of code to achieve your integration in a very sophisticated way. And we make it very easy to get started. As long as you have someone on your team with some SQL skills they can install our software on top of SQL server data tools. Then they can start to create ETL packages to extract and write data in whichever way you would like to have this database migration or integration happen.Basically, the idea is to give you a very intuitive approach that allows you to drag and drop the integration to make it happen.
- Can I move from Scribe to KingswaySoft easily?
Yes, we work with many companies that have successfully converted from Scribe Insight to our product.When Scribe announced that they were discontinuing/retiring their legacy on-premises product, Scribe Insight, many clients were simply left in the lurch. They are losing their product support, and their connection is stopping. They did not have a proper migration plan or a viable alternative.Tibco has offered their clients to migrate to their cloud offering. The problem is that the Tibco integration solution on the cloud does not offer the equivalent set of features. It is far inferior in comparison to what they used to offer in Scribe Insight. In addition, it is very costly, and the integration performance is nowhere near where it needs to be. As such, most clients are left without options.Review KingswaySoft customer success stories.
- How much does the SSIS Integration Toolkit for Microsoft Dynamics 365 from KingswaySoft cost and how does that compare to Scribe?
Our price for the SSIS Integration Toolkit for Microsoft Dynamics 365 is $1395 per year per integration server. See pricing details.The cost of Scribe Insight changes based on the number of users in the system. We don’t charge based on the number of users in the system; it is a flat rate on each licensed integration server.
- Should I budget for additional setup and consulting fees?A main benefit of the KingswaySoft solution is that it is significantly easier to start working with it. You can get a free trial license for testing purposes. We rarely have any clients come to us for consulting services. Our solution is built on top of the SQL server. Most developers working on the Dynamics 365 system know SSIS, so they only need to plug in our software and be ready to go in less than a few minutes.
KingswaySoft provides software solutions built on the Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services Platform. Our tools make data integration easy and put more hands in the power of the developer.
KingswaySoft products are:
- For cloud or on-premises
- Easy to use
You can integrate virtually any application or database system.
If you are currently using Scribe or are just getting started with a new Dynamics 365 project, the team at KingswaySoft can provide the best solution. Contact us online at email@example.com or call 1-855-999-5288.
By Daniel Cai, KingswaySoft, www.KingswaySoft.com
The post The Best Replacement for Scribe Insight for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Data Integration appeared first on CRM Software Blog | Dynamics 365.